- 200 yards (182 meters) | 100 grams | Chunky weight
- 3-strand woolen-spun mock twist construction
- 23-24 micron Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming
- Wool scoured at Bollman Industries in Texas
- Stock dyed at Tintoria Piana U.S in Georgia
- Spun & finished at Harrisville Designs in New Hampshire
100% developed, sourced, processed, dyed and spun in the USA.
We source Targhee-Columbia wool from Wyoming to make Shelter, Loft, and Quarry – this breed’s lofty, warmth-trapping fleeces deftly combine the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This fiber’s versatile mingling of wearability and durability particularly shines in woolen-spun yarns and is wonderful for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, and heirloom pieces for the home.
Learn more about the woolen-spun process and get tips for working with woolen-spun yarns.
To create each colorway of Quarry, we combine richly hues of unspun wool in precise proportions, as if mixing paint. When spun into yarn, these saturated solids meld into complex and beautiful blends that give vibrant depth to even the simplest knitted fabrics. The entire palette is created from a handful of base colors, ensuring harmonious coordination in colorwork projects or when pairing hand knitted garments and accessories.