Class-Felted Steeking Workshop Fall 2022
CLASS INFO - please scroll to the end and read carefully prior to enrolling in this class
*all students are required to wear a mask & be fully vaccinated against covid to participate*
Love the idea of making a Fair Isle Cardigan, but steeking makes you hesitant? In this 2 hour workshop with Cait, you will learn how to make a felted steek. She will also teach when and how to steek, make button bands, answer questions or concerns you may have with this technique. Pre-class homework is required (approx 3 hours), so be sure to sign up well in advance for time to knit swatch.
SKILLS NEEDED: Advanced beginners and beyond: must have a working knowledge of how to increase and decrease, how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off.
SKILLS LEARNED: swatching for practice, how to make a felted steek, making good yarn choices, how to make a button band.
CLASS DATES: Choose one session
- Session 1 - Saturday, October 22 // 1pm - 3pm
- Session 2 - Wednesday, November 9 // 6pm - 8pm
COST: $ 50, includes needle felting tool and mat.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE CLASS:
- Light Main Color; 1 x 25g ball
- Dark Contrast Color; 1x 25g ball
Needles & Notions:
- US 2 needles - choose either a 32” circular or DPNs
- SHARP scissors, optional buttons (½”), darning needle, tape measure & stitch markers