Class-Morning Rituals Sweater Fall 2022
CLASS INFO - please scroll to the end and read carefully prior to enrolling in this class
*all students are required to wear a mask & be fully vaccinated against covid to participate*
Want a cozy cabled sweater to wear all year round? Erin will teach this advanced class over the course of 5 sessions to ensure you have time to complete this project. The Morning Rituals sweater is knit from the bottom up, adorned with beautiful cables, a high neck to keep you warm and cozy pockets. Pre-class homework is required!
SKILLS NEEDED: knitting, purling, decreasing, increasing, working in the round
SKILLS LEARNED: knitting a bottom up sweater, set-in pockets, cabling, chart reading, 3 needle bind off, mattress stitch, and so much more!
CLASS DATES: 5 Saturdays // 3pm - 5pm
- October 1, 15, November 5, 19, December 3
COST: $105, plus the cost of supplies listed below.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE CLASS:
- DK weight yarn in the amount called for in the pattern. The pattern designer uses a "boucle" yarn, but any woolen spun, non-superwash yarn will work.
Needles & Notions:
- Main Fabric: US 6/4 mm – 32” to 40” circular and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (ML or DPNs), plus a spare for the 3-needle bind off.
- Ribbing: US 5/3.75 mm - 16” AND 32” to 40 circular and preferred needles for small circumference knitting (ML or DPNs)
- Optional Sleeve: US 7/4.5 mm – preferred needles for small circumference knitting (ML or DPNs). *Most knitters tighten up gauge over small circumference, so I recommend going up a needle size to maintain the correct gauge.*
- darning needle, scissors, tape measure/ruler, smooth waste yarn, row counter,
cable needle & 10 stitch markers
- Morning Rituals Sweater by Andrea Mowry
PRE-CLASS HOMEWORK: Please complete a gauge swatch with your chosen yarn on US 6 needles over stockinette stitch worked in the round. For more details, see the “Gauge Swatch Instructions” Handout in store or as a printable below.