Class-Create a Fair Isle Cowl Fall 2022
CLASS INFO - please scroll to the end and read carefully prior to enrolling in this class
*all students are required to wear a mask & be fully vaccinated against covid to participate*
Have you ever wanted to create your own Fair Isle accessory but don’t know where to start? Building a cowl is the perfect solution! In this class we will flex our creative brains by learning cowl construction, chart creation, color blending, and light math.
SKILLS NEEDED: knitting, purling, & working in the round with yarn held in both hands
CLASS DATES: Choose one session
Session 1 - Wednesdays // 4pm - 6pm // September 14, 21, 28
Session 2 - Mondays // 4pm - 6pm // October 10, 17, 24
COST: $ 60, plus class supplies listed below.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE CLASS:
- 3-10 colors of Jamieson and Smith 2 ply Jumper Weight.
- Any yarn substitution needs to be cleared by the teacher prior to class.
Needles & Notions:
- 24” US 3 (3.25 mm) required
- 24” 2.75 mm (for tighter ribbing) optional
- stitch markers, tape measure/ruler, scissors, pen/pencil, notebook paper
Pattern: None needed as you’ll work on this in class