Class-Colorwork Sweater Fall 2022
|Availability:||Out of stock|
The Grettir sweater is a modern take on traditional yoked pullovers, with shaped and classic silhouettes and options for either a crew neck or a turtleneck to best suit your comfort and style. In this advanced class, Cait will teach you bottom-up sweater construction, waist shaping (if applicable), how to use German short rows to ensure a good rounded yoke fit, stranded colorwork, and more! Pre-class homework is required!
SKILLS NEEDED: knitting, purling, decreasing, increasing, working in the round using magic loop & DPNs
SKILLS LEARNED: knitting a bottom up yoke sweater, stranded colorwork, grafting/kitchener stitch, waist shaping, German short rows, color dominance & wool sweater care.
CLASS DATES: Wednesdays // 4pm - 6pm // October 5, 19, November 2, 16
COST: $95, plus the cost of supplies listed below.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE CLASS:
- Please choose a worsted weight yarn that is non-superwash, such as Brooklyn Tweed Shelter or Tones. Amount of yarn will vary based on size chosen. See pattern for specific yardage requirements. This pattern requires 1 Main color and 3 contrasting colors.
Needles & Notions:
- Main Fabric: US 7 - 16” and 32” circular needles & DPNs
- Ribbing: US 5 - 16” and 32” circular needles & DPNs
- Colorwork Fabric: US 8 - 16” and 32” circular needles
- darning needle, scissors, tape measure/ruler, waste yarn & stitch markers
- Grettir Sweater by Jared Flood
PRE-CLASS HOMEWORK: Please complete a gauge swatch with your chosen yarn on US 7 needles over stockinette stitch worked in the round. For more detailed instruction, see the printable “Gauge Swatch Instructions” Handout in store or below.